With You In Mind
Customer Notice Covid 19
A message from John Gavin and Dermot Kelly, Co-Owners Shannon Springs Hotel,
A member of Great National Hotels & Resorts
At the Shannon Springs Hotel, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and the people who work with us are our number one priority. For this reason, we have, over the past number of weeks developed our “With you in Mind” programme.
In line with government and HSE advice, along with guidelines issued by the IHF and Fáilte Ireland we have developed and put in place new measures and protocols relating to how the hotel operates with a specific focus on the health and safety of everyone who visits us, works with us and interacts with us. We have a Covid-19 team in place in our hotel and members of senior management have recently undertaken a QQI level 5 course in Infection, Prevention & Disease Control.
As our guest, you will notice some changes we have adopted throughout our hotels, from the moment you arrive to the facilities in your room, to your experiences in our bars and restaurants. However, one thing we can guarantee you that will not have changed and that is our commitment to providing you with a warm, welcoming, enjoyable and safe stay in our Hotel.
John Gavin & Dermot Kelly
Your Arrival and Departure
- Hand sanitization units are available upon entrance to the hotel and directly at the front desk.
- Protective screens are in place for your safety.
- Arriving/ departing guests will be requested by our front office team to sanitize before approaching the desk.
- Visible markings will guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues will observe social distancing during check-in and check-out.
- Contactless payment options and email receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Disposable gloves and sanitizing wipes are available to our guests should they require them.
- All Key cards are disinfected after every use.
- Payment on arrival is advised to minimise the contact on departure.
Our Public Areas
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout our public areas, outside public toilets and at the entrance to each of our food service areas.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touchpoints is being carried out throughout our hotel.
- All areas of the hotel including our public areas have been treated with Zoono. Zoono certificates are displayed at reception and further details of the product can be found at www.zoono.co.uk
- Our furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with social distancing.
- Social distancing and handwashing signage are on display around the public areas.
- Doorways will be left open where allowed to reduce contact.
- Guests are advised that elevator access is restricted to two guests at a time unless from members of the same household or your immediate group.
In Your Guest Bedroom
- A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitization programme is in place with hospital-grade sanitization chemicals for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints such as tv remotes, door handles, light switches, taps, shower and aircon controls.
- All of our rooms and public areas are treated with a proven and effective antimicrobial product, with a proven track record against Covid-19.
- All additional collateral and non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness.
- We have introduced a change in bedroom servicing procedures for in-house guests, this is for the protection of guest and our employees alike. Our guest will be informed of these upon arrival at the hotel.
- All our housekeeping attendants are provided with effective and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 60°C for at least 25 mins to eliminate potential bacteria.
- A door seal is place on each bedroom after cleaning for guest reassurance.
- Hand sanitization units are available on entry to and in the breakfast room.
- Disposable gloves and sanitizing wipes are available for guest use during breakfast.
- Social distancing is recommended and visual reminders are in place.
- Our dining tables and chairs have been rearranged in the breakfast room in such a way to allow you to enjoy your breakfast with proper social distancing.
- In accordance with guidelines, breakfast is plated and served by our team while maintaining social distancing.
- All condiments are now single-use items.
- Dining tables, chairs and menus are sanitized after each use.
- All breakfast items are covered and all guest cutlery is kept in protective coverings.
- Disposable cups and UHT milk available during breakfast if required.
Covid 19 FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What extra cleaning measure has been taken in my room?
A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising programme is in place with hospital-grade sanitization chemicals for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints such as tv remotes, door handles, light switches, taps, shower units, toilet flushers and aircon controls. All of our rooms and public areas are treated with a proven and effective antimicrobial product, with a proven track record against Covid-19.
Are the Restaurants open?
Yes, our AA Rosette and multiple award-winning Old Lodge Gastro Pub will be fully open. All tables are spaced out to accommodate physical distancing so it is advisable for hotel residents to either book a table in advance or upon check-in to the hotel. Walk-in availability in not guaranteed.
- Is the Bar open?
Our bar will be operating on a restaurant basis from the 29th June to 19th July and we will be serving our extensive Gastro Pub menu, alcohol can be served to tables while consuming food. The Bar will open with full bar service incorporating social distancing and with table service from the 19th July.
- Small and Family Groups?
As of yet we do not have government guidelines as to how many people from one travelling party can sit at any one table together. While we would expect a single household or family will be allowed to accommodate up to say 8 persons or so, we await the final recommendation by the government in this regard. In instances where a travelling group are too big for a single table, we will most certainly make every effort to sit singular larger parties in neighbouring seats. Free movement around the bar/restaurant or movement from table to table or the like will most likely be totally restricted under the new rules of social distancing. Regrettably, children sitting at a designated table will most certainly be expected to remain seated at that table and not roam freely around the hotel. We would ask all our patrons to bear with us in these very changed times and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by the strict enforcement of these rules. They are of course necessary for the safety of all our guests and the wider community at large.
- What Covid-19 measure has the Hotel taken?
We have increased all our cleaning, health and safety procedures at the Shannon Springs Hotel.
All touch points such as door handles, lift controls, counters, bannisters are all sanitized regularly by our dedicated public areas team.
Menus, Tables, Key Cards, credit card machines are all sanitized after use.
Cutlery, Crockery and Utensils are all professionally washed at a minimum of over 82 degrees centigrade.
Hand Sanitiser stations are in place at all entrances, outside lifts and various points throughout the hotel.
- Is Room Service available
A room service menu is available and alcohol can be provided when ordering your meal.
Our dining tables and chairs have been rearranged in the breakfast room in such a way to allow you to enjoy your breakfast with social distancing. In keeping with guidelines, breakfast is plated and served by our team while maintaining a safe distance.
- Is there entertainment in the bar?
We plan on having entertainment in our bar on the weekend nights. This will be in accordance with guidelines and in a safe manner for all.
- Social Distancing
We have procedures in place in our Gastro Pub and Restaurant plus all public areas to ensure social distancing is in place creating a safe environment for all our guests.
- What training has hotel staff received?
We have a Covid-19 team in place in our hotel and senior members of management have recently undertaken a QQI level 5 course in Infection, Prevention & Disease Control, all our team have undertaken comprehensive training in relation to safe work practices pertaining to Covid-19, ensuring their own safety at work and that of our guests and other visitors. We are committed to providing ongoing training to all our team members in response to any future changes.